Sunday, September 20, 2009

ABOUT ME

My first art memory is finger painting in grade school,where I experienced making 'mud' long before learning the concept in art classes....I just wondered why all the pretty colors turned to gray. I pretty much did the 50's thing after school......nursing career, marriage and having my wonderful musician,pilot, super techy, son Brian. Art awakenings began in those 'crazy' middle years.  Reading and doing the exercises in Julia Cameron's "The Artists Way" (not once but three times) was a huge jumpstart.I've studied with Jan Keefer and Howard Wexler in Albuquerque, NM...learning much from both. Also studied with Susan Sarback in Fair Oaks CA...her first book "Capturing Radiant Color in Oil" was a great learning and inspiration along with her school (School of Light and Color).  She studied several years at The Cape Cod School under Henry Hensche. More recently I've been inspired by the many online resources available..........You Tube, Jerry's Artaramma,and endless numbers of painters willing to share lots of good stuff.  Some of my favoite websites.........john ebersberger.com..........przewodek.com.....mike rooney studios.com....sovek .com.     Charles Sovek says, at the end of his book "Oil Painting, Developing Your Natural Ability"......in essence.....you've done the lessons, now forget them and paint.    That's my goal!    Would like hearing from you painters out there.

2 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

You've mentioned some of my fave artists here! Another fellow that studied with Hensche is a painter whose work I've admired for years, finally had the opportunity to study with him this summer, Leif Nilsson (google the name. Being in his studio/gallery and seeing this work in person- is amazing-in this use of color everything has this wonderful, shimmering, life-like 3 dimensionality to it. Truly stunning!

francesca said...

Thank you!.......he's new to me and I need to take his web site in small doses.........soooooo much beauty....Don't think I've seen before, the 'Cape' influence along with such rich heavy paint use. My oh my! Think I'll make my paint piles bigger and see what happens! Joyful painting to you